Oh my! Yet again! Another Blog Award has been bestowed upon us by the honorable Kaitlyn at http://delightfultransports.wordpress.com/.
Her blog is super quirky. Here is an excerpt from her About page:
“About a year ago, my old purple Ford Festiva died, and I couldn’t afford a new car. I started catching trains and buses everywhere, every day. Since then, I’ve had such frequent encounters with what I like to call ‘Public People’* that I have decided to keep a record.
So, I pledge to post a new story every Sunday. Each weekend, I will introduce you to the people I meet on public transport.
Where do they come from? I don’t know. Where are they going? I usually know, because they tell everyone, very loudly.
Who are they? They are the spice of life. They transform my daily commute into Transports of Delight.”
Thanks very much Kaitlyn!
The rules for this award are as follows:
♥ Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you. (Check!)
♥ Describe 7 things about you.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers.
So another 7 things about us. This is getting harder each time. But here goes!
7 things about us …
- I love words. Even words in other languages. I like words just because of the way they sound or are spelled even if they mean something silly or mundane. some of my favourite words are ‘Banana’ in Afrikaans (piesang) and “Ear” in Korean (Gwee).
2. Faraaz wants his last meal on earth to be mince lasagna (He didn’t mention who he would like to prepare it for him though… hmmm).
3. I named my laptop Vanessa. Yeah I name everything. Drives everyone around me insane.
4. If Faraaz could be anyone else, he would be Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Or Wolverine from X Men.
5. I haven’t grown since I was in middle school. I found some clothes that I bought when I was in grade 9 and yeah I still fit into it. Oh, and my feet are the same size of some of my elementary students.
6. Faraaz has done all these daring things; he climbed Tugela Falls, has killed snakes and lived in the most dangerous city in the world. Basically he is a no holds barred thrill seeker; nothing is too wild or scary for him.
7. When I feel homesick I watch Hindi movies. Even though home is South Africa, I am not from India (have never been) and not fluent in Hindi… it just reminds me of my parents’ house. Weird.
In the interests of sharing this feeling of appreciation for the award, and offering recognition where recognition is due, here is a list of inspirational and original blogs we wish to show support to: